Simucube 2 Software Updates
UPDATE: Oct 6, 2023
Software updates incoming for Simucube 2 wheelbases
Hey racing enthusiasts!
We’re stoked to announce another chapter with Simucube 2 wheelbase! We’ve been busy brewing up a series of software updates and effects for all Simucube 2 Sport, Pro & Ultimate wheelbases. And we want you to be a part of it!
Here’s how you can jump in:
- Join the Journey: Check simucube.com/sc2updates for all the essential links and information. We’ll keep you in the loop as we make progress.
- Follow in Real-Time: Head over to our public Trello board and witness the development process as it happens. Your input is crucial in guiding our focus and efforts.
- Let’s Discuss: Join us on discord.gg/simucube channel #simucube-2 on Discord to engage in detailed discussions. Your insights are the cornerstone of shaping Simucube 2’s future.
We believe in the power of community. Your ideas and expertise matter. We are consolidating your input and our ideas into a real-time Trello board, kickstarting our development process. Together, we’re committed to delivering features promptly, finding the perfect balance between quick wins and intricate enhancements.
Join us on this exhilarating journey! Your support means the world to us.
Cheers to faster corners and groundbreaking experiences!
ORIGINAL POST: Sep 27, 2021
Simucube True Drive software and True Drive Paddock feature have taken yet another step further, as we have improved the user experience based on the feedback from the racing community.
Racers are now able to create new profiles in Offline mode. In addition, racers no longer need to create user accounts to try out the public profiles on True Drive Paddock. However, to maximize software reliability in future updates and get the best user experience of the software features, the Paddock user account is recommended.
Transferring True Drive Classic profiles to True Drive Paddock has been made a one-click process. While creating a new Paddock profile and its FFB settings, racers can get settings from a classic mode profile via a single button.
Read more and download the latest Simucube True Drive from our wiki page https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases.
Changes and fixes
- Add new FFB setting: Centering Spring. This new effect that also works in-game, can be used to add self-aligning torque to the FFB, and it makes some old games that only had vibration effects more intuitive to drive.
- Internal firmware FFB scaling change. Maximum Strength setting should not affect bumpstops anymore. This change should not change FFB feel.
- Add some new Ascher Racing wheel images.
- Remove unused code and some UI options that were not used.
- Add feedback button that focuses on the new features.
- Remove "Report Issue" feature from the feedback dialog.
- Various small UI adjustments including making space on the Overview tab for some new features.